Watch the Webinar On-Demand
2018 Medicare Payment Updates: What You Need to Know
Join guest presenter Kara Gainer, Director of Regulatory Affairs with APTA as she covers issues that physical therapy providers need to know in order to comply with Medicare rules and regulations in 2018. Final policies will be discussed as communicated in the 2018 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, Home Health Prospective Payment System, Skilled Nursing Facility Payment System, and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Payment System Final Rules.
She will also discuss the recently proposed new payment model for SNFs, titled the RCS-I model, and review the current Merit-Based Incentive Payment System requirements.
Watch to learn:
- An understanding of the need to transition to value-based payment models
- To cite the latest federal government activities related to therapy cap and targeted medical review, audits, payment updates, and other initiatives
- The impact on your practice due to the changes to Medicare payment policies
- Proposed payment reforms to post-acute care within the Medicare program and how it may impact physical therapy service
- The latest information regarding the therapy cap, targeted medical review, locum tenens, the Medicare appeals process, and implementation of the IMPACT Act.
Presenter: Kara Gainer, Director of Regulatory Affairs, APTAKara Gainer joined the American Physical Therapy Association in 2017 and provides leadership and strategic direction to the regulatory affairs team on key programs, initiatives, and policy development in the federal regulatory space. She has extensive knowledge and experience working on policies related to Medicare, Medicaid, health care reform, and provider billing and reimbursement.
This column can be used for anything!