Competing in Outpatient Therapy

According to some estimates, the outpatient rehabilitation market totals around $19 billion, nearly 92% of which is earned by independent providers caring for patients in their local communities or regions. These small to medium practices account for nearly 87% of the approximately 16,000 outpatient rehab clinics in the U.S. The remaining 13% are operated by the three “market leaders” who, together, claim approximately 2,100 locations.

Therefore, in most regions, there are at least a few other practices with which you must compete. With so many options for outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech-language pathology, providers need an edge, which they can gain by maintaining:

  1. Full schedules
  2. Smart referral and authorization tracking
  3. Efficient documentation processes
  4. Complete plan-of-care management
  5. Thorough and accurate charge capture and billing
  6. Prioritized task management
  7. Detailed data management

Download the white paper to learn strategies you can implement in your facility to compete and stay profitable. 

Download Now 

an adorable placeholder

Callout title

This column can be used for anything!


Form callout title.

More text can be entered here. This text may be long-ish.

About Mediware

Mediware is a leading supplier of software for healthcare and human service providers and payers. Core Mediware solutions include blood management technologies for hospitals and blood centers; cell therapy solutions for cord blood banks, cancer treatment centers, and research facilities; medication management solutions for hospitals, behavioral health facilities, infusion and specialty pharmacy providers; and rehabilitation therapy and respiratory care solutions. For more information about Mediware products and services, visit our website at